I am obsessed with Asian flavours in cooking whether it be Thai, Vietnamese or Chinese, but a lot of these cuisines pack a huge punch with the amount of sodium and high calories if you order from a restaurant. I also try to avoid eating out as much as possible so early on in my cooking adventures I learned to make these dishes. Since I have to be on a low sodium based diet (the ol' heart)  these recipes help me be healthy, stick to it and still enjoy my favourite dishes such as Kung Pao!

Ingredients: 
3 chicken breasts or 6 thighs
2 bell peppers
1 baby bok choy
2 green onions
2-3 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp water

for sauce:
1-6 hot dry chilies (6 if you are crazy like me, I like it spiiiiiiicy) 
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil 
2 tbsp ginger (I used paste)
3 tbsp garlic (I used paste)

1. Chop chicken into bite size pieces, mix the corn starch and water and dip chicken in it. 
2. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a wok or pan on medium heat. Bring to a simmer, and then add the chicken into it. Let this cook
3. While that's simmering, chop all your veggies up, put on the brown rice if you're having that. Add veggies in when chicken is almost done, I like my veg still a bit crunchy! 

4. Once it's all done you're good to go, top with fresh chopped green onions and peanuts!
xo Jenna