Goal setting is an incredibly important part of the fitness process, one that a lot of people neglect. Without setting an attainable goal it become super easy to get discouraged and lose focus. It's pretty simple to set a fitness goal, just make sure it's S.M.A.R.T. Meaning: 

Specific: Saying “I am going to be healthier this month” is too general, it needs to be more specific such as “I am going to exercise 3x a week and cut down the refined sugar I consume”
Measurable: This means you can keep track and hold yourself accountable to it, such as going to the gym 3x a week or losing a specific amount of weight.
Actionable: This means you’re going to chose things you actually enjoy and are comfortable doing. Also are actually doable such as losing  x amount of weight in x time frame.
Relevant: These goals are important to you, they are something that has meaning and therefore you are willing to stick to.
Time Based: You have a reasonable time frame to achieve these goals in; you have an end date

For example: I want to get stronger, so I'm going to test how heavy I can squat, deadlift, row and bench press. Then I will create a program where I lift 3x a week for 6 weeks and then retest how heavy I can go. 
Writing your goals down also acts as a visual reminder, and can be very helpful. Using tracking apps can also be really great at keeping you on track and accountable! 

Goal setting is an incredibly important part of the fitness process, one that a lot of people neglect. Without setting an attainable goal it become super easy to get discouraged and lose focus. It's pretty simple to set a fitness goal, just make sure it's S.M.A.R.T. Meaning: 

Specific: Saying “I am going to be healthier this month” is too general, it needs to be more specific such as “I am going to exercise 3x a week and cut down the refined sugar I consume”
Measurable: This means you can keep track and hold yourself accountable to it, such as going to the gym 3x a week or losing a specific amount of weight.
Actionable: This means you’re going to chose things you actually enjoy and are comfortable doing. Also are actually doable such as losing  x amount of weight in x time frame.
Relevant: These goals are important to you, they are something that has meaning and therefore you are willing to stick to.
Time Based: You have a reasonable time frame to achieve these goals in; you have an end date

For example: I want to get stronger, so I'm going to test how heavy I can squat, deadlift, row and bench press. Then I will create a program where I lift 3x a week for 6 weeks and then retest how heavy I can go. 
Writing your goals down also acts as a visual reminder, and can be very helpful. Using tracking apps can also be really great at keeping you on track and accountable! 

Post a Comment

Contact

Instagram

Pages

© Smitten LifeThe Basic Page