I'm all about looking forward and focusing on crushing new goals etc. But sometimes you have to look back, reflect and see how far you've come. 
9 years ago I had an emergency laparotomy, I couldn't get myself out of bed, coughing was painful as fuck and sneezing was out of the question. My core was obliterated and weeks after walking to the end of the block was the most exercise I could handle. But now here I am 9 years later in the best shape of my life, and I think this incident had so much to do with that. I was starving for movement, I wanted to be able to exercise, and although I was quite weak I got better because exercise was like therapy for me. It certainly wasn't over night that I recovered physically, probably took a year and a half to get my strength back.
So anytime I feel like I'm not doing that great, if I think I'm struggling or thinking I'm shit my laparotomy scar kind of reminds me I can do anything. It also proves that no matter where you're at, with patience, and dedication things will get better. You will get stronger bit by bit, and sometimes you'll have to look back and take a minute to see how far you've come. No matter the injury, you can come back from it, and even though it won't feel like it at the time you can end up being stronger, faster etc. It takes a lot of time and patience, but it's possible.