Our time in Mexico was amazing, not only the weather but the fact that we got to have some much needed downtime and some very fun exploration. One of our days of exploration brought us to one of the seven wonders of the world, Chitchen Itza. 

To See: Chichen Itza


When I say I was in awe it is no lie. I love history and exploring these places I've read so much about was really cool. The pyramids and alters were incredibly impressive, same with the "football" field, where the winner of the games was murdered to appease the gods. 

To Do:  Swim in the Cenotes 


This was one of our favourite activities, swinging from a rope and flying through the air to splash into essentially a giant sink hole?! FUN. It was thrilling, an amazingly exhilarating experience which I highly suggest.  

To Explore: Vallidad, and the local markets



Vallidad was a gorgeous colonial city I wish we had had more time to explore, it was picturesque and gorgeously colourful. I love that about Mexico, every building painted a different vibrant hue. 



The local markets were also so much fun to explore, we picked up a couple things, I couldn't resist getting our Mayan horoscopes done, which were surprisingly accurate. It's just fun to look at all the locally made goods, and here they weren't pressuring you to buy.