I have been wanting to make this cashew cream sauce for pasta or zucchini noodles since I went to an amazing event with Lulu Lemon. They served us all kinds of amazing raw and vegan goodies, which was a new experience. As soon as I got my blender I knew I was going to make this! But of course, I gave it my own twist, which involves protein. 

Ingredients: 

for sauce: 1 medium white onion, chopped
1-2 cups low sodium chicken broth
1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 large garlic cloves, minced
1/2 heaping cup raw whole cashews (75 g, 2.6 oz) (soaked for overnight in hot water if you don't have a high powered blender)
1 tablespoon lemon juice 
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast 
** I got this recipe from the Vegan 8, changed the veggie broth to chicken broth 

Protein/Carbs: 3 chicken breasts
1 package whole wheat noodles
4 T cajun spice
1 chopped green onion
2 medium chopped tomatoes 

Directions: 
For sauce:
1. Sautee onion with 3/4 cup chicken broth and 4 cloves crushed garlic. 
2. Once it's reduced with no broth, add 1/2 cup of the whole cashews into the blender and add the nutritional yeast, pepper, lemon juice and the rest of the chicken broth in and blend it 
3. Heat it up in the pan

For chicken:
1. Sprinkle cajun spices on both side of the chicken breast, heat pan up to medium with olive oil and place on pan
2. Cook for about 6 minutes on both sides, cover and turn heat down. Ensure cooked thoroughly!
3. Place on top of whole wheat noodles, pour a generous amount of cashew cream, top with lots of green onions, tomatoes and chili pepper flakes