Winter Running has been a struggle for me for a long time, I used to wimp out the moment the temperatures dropped below 5 degrees. This year I am determined not to let winter get the best of me, I have been running 5-7km 2-3x a week august until 2 weeks ago when the temperatures went to -30.
It's actually really wonderful to be able to get out and enjoy the outdoors when it's cold and your body warms up rather quickly. Now -30 is still a little on the cold side for me, but -15? Totally doable and actually enjoyable! 
What you'll need: 
Runners with grip: I got this saucony trail shoes last January and when it's icy or heavy snow they're great, a lot better grip than my usual. 
Warm socks: Wick away material that's a bit thicker to keep those toesies warm
Lined leggings: Lulu lemon has a couple lined with fleece that are great when it's chilly, when its a deep chill you might need another layer though
Wick away tops: light weight material that keeps the sweat from staying on your skin is important, it's not good to let sweat stick to your body and freeze. Smart wool is a great option
Hats/face warmer/scarf/mittens: Its important to keep your head warm, cover your mouth to breath when it's really cold and keep those hands warm. Mountain equipment co-op has a great selection for all this gear

It's a bit of gear, but now you're ready to run in any temperature and all conditions, nothing can stop you. Now put some tunes on and get moving






Winter Running has been a struggle for me for a long time, I used to wimp out the moment the temperatures dropped below 5 degrees. This year I am determined not to let winter get the best of me, I have been running 5-7km 2-3x a week august until 2 weeks ago when the temperatures went to -30.
It's actually really wonderful to be able to get out and enjoy the outdoors when it's cold and your body warms up rather quickly. Now -30 is still a little on the cold side for me, but -15? Totally doable and actually enjoyable! 
What you'll need: 
Runners with grip: I got this saucony trail shoes last January and when it's icy or heavy snow they're great, a lot better grip than my usual. 
Warm socks: Wick away material that's a bit thicker to keep those toesies warm
Lined leggings: Lulu lemon has a couple lined with fleece that are great when it's chilly, when its a deep chill you might need another layer though
Wick away tops: light weight material that keeps the sweat from staying on your skin is important, it's not good to let sweat stick to your body and freeze. Smart wool is a great option
Hats/face warmer/scarf/mittens: Its important to keep your head warm, cover your mouth to breath when it's really cold and keep those hands warm. Mountain equipment co-op has a great selection for all this gear

It's a bit of gear, but now you're ready to run in any temperature and all conditions, nothing can stop you. Now put some tunes on and get moving


Post a Comment

Contact

Instagram

Pages

© Smitten LifeThe Basic Page