I am fairly certain there is nothing more beautiful than the mountains. Whether is it spring, summer, fall or winter a weekend spent in the mountains is so relaxing and refreshing. We headed to Canmore because I wanted a weekend to unplug a little while ago and it was exactly what I needed. We spend so much time working, connecting via social media, worrying about multiple things that a weekend away from all that was necessary. 
There is so much to do in Canmore, and we were so lucky that we got to go before any big snow hit. We were able to do a few hikes at Grassi Lakes (the difficult trail), and as well as Chester Lake with ease. Both were good workouts that were challenging as well as scenic. Being active is so important to me, but I like finding ways to be active that are more than just hitting the gym, its refreshing to move and work your body in other ways. 

Hike Must-Haves: 
1. Giant water bottle 
2. Multiple layers, my base layer included a  tank top, lululemon long sleeve, long leggings, a pair of water resistant socks, with wool socks on top and my top layer a waterproof jacket on top, mittens toque and fur lined boots. 
3. Camera
4. Snacks, donuts from Moonshine donuts waited for us post hike and were the BOMB